First and foremost, we want to say thank you to our Heartland Pharmacy family!
As this year comes to a close, it cannot go unsaid that our gratitude for our partners in this challenging, yet rewarding, LTC industry is unmatched. Our partners are motivated, passionate members of the LTC community that are dedicated to solution-driven, heartfelt resident service. Without our valued partners, we would not be able to achieve our mission of making a difference in the lives of the residents we serve.
In addition to the accomplishments of our partners, we have made progressive steps to better serve those in the LTC industry in 2022.
2022 Company Year-in-Review
Our staff grew 6.5% in 2022, starting with 219 employees and ending with 233 employees, with more potential as we have 15 open job listings.
We provided a new benefit to our 25+ hour per week employees: accrued PTO.
Percentage employment type:
Full-time employees (eligible for all benefits) = 72.3%
25+ Part-time employees (eligible for PTO) = 3%
24 or less Part-time employees (no benefit eligibility) = 24.3%
30+ Part-time employees (Medical Insurance & PTO eligible only) = .4%
We created and implemented the following new positions in the company:
- Corporate Trainer – Lacie Douglass
- Corporate Remote PCAT – Charie Haws
Two executive level positions were filled:
- Glen Young – CFO, Chief Finance Officer
- Laurie Field – CHRO, Chief Human Resource Officer
The HR Team continued to expand their knowledge in the following areas:
- Danielle Ramirez– HR Specialist, recruiting expert
- Hannah Braithwaite – Benefit Coordinator, Wellness Go365 expert
With over 350 tickets fielded during 2022, IT has had it’s share of challenges and accomplishments. We provided solution-driven improvements that included time-saving and efficient integrations. These integrations helped to reduce pain points for users, increase efficiencies for employees and many others.
These improvements include:
- New server installation in Utah
- New remote access system to streamline inter-office work
- Upgraded monitoring system so more problems can be taken care of before they impact users
- Created advanced reports to identify pain points easily
- Created intranet with internal apps to provide tools that would allow employees to be more efficient and have less on their plate
- Single Sign On setup for better systems integrations (Less passwords need to be remembered this way!)
- New management system setup for company mobile devices for better tracking and management
From January to December, we met with people both in person and remotely. Our external team met with over 200 new people in the LTC industry and traveled an estimated 50,000 miles this year. We met with, and served, our communities in ways we never have in the past. We went beyond our traditional roles and served in many capacities as we learned more about our communities and residents.
Like many of our partners, while our team decreased significantly in numbers, we were still able to maintain the same personal, consistent and reliable service. Our tight-knit group of relationship builders focused on the most important things in 2022.
Some of our actions included:
- An Executive-level Panel Discussion focused on employee turnover for our community partners.
- Monthly #2022together Service Days centered around serving our partners in any way that they needed at the time, that included:
- Taking out the trash,
- Picking up medications from retail pharmacies,
- Serving lunch,
- Folding laundry,
- Playing bingo,
- Organizing closets, etc.
- As an organization, we hosted our 3rd annual Ladies Lunch on International Women’s Day to honor, recognize and celebrate the women that make such an impact on our company, their families, the LTC industry, and the world as a whole.
2022 was a year of growth, challenges and opportunities for our partners and our internal pharmacy team. Here is a message of gratitude from our President and CEO, Reece Christensen:
As we wrap up one more year, I’d like to take a moment and express my appreciation to the many dedicated, caring co-workers who come to work each day. It is amazing how you all work and support each other through good times and difficult times. In a world full of challenges there is always opportunity, and our work family is no stranger to work and sacrifice in order to realize the opportunities. I believe that we have what it takes to be the best so that our customers and residents experience the Heartland Way. When each of you shows up each day and gives your all, it makes life better and you live our mission by being “caring and dependable”. For this and many other reasons left untold, I am grateful. You are the company and I’m proud to be a part of the Heartland Pharmacy Family. My wish is that each of you knows how important you are and how blessed we are to work together to serve.
Many thanks to you all. We can’t wait to see what 2023 has to bring!